Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Birthday Girl!

Wow has it really been 3 years?! This kid has grown up very quickly! Here she was with her cute self at the beginning of the day, before the messy chocolate cupcakes and ice cream!


This year I tried to be a crafty mom so for her birthday I made her the skirt she is wearing from a cute online tutorial found Here. Then I just appliqued the 3 onto a plain white t-shirt, and lastly I made a hair clippy with tulle and a polka dot button. I thought she looked pretty adorable.
We had a fun birthday. For lunch Dave and I took her to the Burger King by our house where they have a HUGE playplace that she enjoyed for a long time. She received many phone calls from friends and family wishing her Happy Birthday which was very nice. In the evening, we had a party at the park and many of our good friends and family showed up! It was so nice to have so many people come out and support Sammy on her birthday. She loved opening presents, playing with her little friends, and trying to crack open the princess tiara pinata. It was pretty durable! Thanks to everyone for the fabulous presents!

Sam is a wonderful child and I am so grateful to be her mom. Ever since she was born she has been our little miracle, blessing baby. She is fun to be around, and a great big sister. She always gives Taylor kisses, tells her stories, and sings to her when she is upset. I look forward to another fabulous year with her!



The embroidered apron I made for her!






4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Sam! That is so crazy that she is already 3 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cannoli! You are so inspiring that I've just convinced myself to give up trying entirely. Sheesh woman! That outfit is amazing and I LOVE the way the apron turned out. Looks like you guys had a crazy fun day. Happy Birthday little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so fun Katie! You guys are so awesome, and you are one crafty woman!! My kids are obviously the ones who dress themselves.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, she is the cutest little 3 year old ever. That is, until Taylor turns 3. :)
    That outfit is seriously so DARLING! I love it! If I had a girl, I would beg and plead and pay you to make several skirts for me.
    So glad she had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!