Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dancing!

During the week at the cabin, I realized we have a family full of dancing fools! The nice thing is that we aren't afraid to shake a little tail, when the occasion calls for it!
As I said earlier, I don't think I ever need to watch "Hairspray" again after the many times that kids kept playing it! But it does have a lot of catchy tunes, some better than others :) and the kiddos loved dancing to the up-beat rhythm of many of the songs. Combine that with a little ice cream, some root beer, m&m's, and licorish, then there's a full blown dance party going on. The kids went crazy and it was pretty funny watching each kid's own interpretation of what dance is!







Okay okay I lied....I will watch "Hairspray" again somedayand just not in the near future. For anyone that knows me, it's true I love my showtunes!

Then there was the Ho-down at the rodeo we went to! I forgot how much rodeo's can be, it has been a long time for me. After the rodeo where they did some amazing tricks on horses, roped cows, and did some bull riding, they served us some delicious food, steak and chicken, taters, beans, and cobbler! After all that food, it wasn't just the dj that was making music! :)
All the kids had fun dancing again with Grandma and Grandpa learning to line dance, and enjoying a good time. I think for me, it was the highlight of the week. It's nice when you can get together with your family and act crazy and dance all together! I am a little sad I lost a burp rag that went to soaking up Caden's blood-stained face. Thanks a lot Caden! :) side note: he is fine, just reckless!








1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!