Monday, August 9, 2010

Nostalgia

The other day I went to a community garage sale with a couple of my friends. I have mentioned this before but I LOVE garage sales! Oregon has great community garage sales every summer and I love going to them and finding great stuff for really cheap. This summer, a bunch of brand new outfits for $1 a piece, many including Janie and Jack brands, a $150 brand new kitchen aid blender for $20, tons of kid books, a big bin of the entire alphabet cookie cutters from Williams Sonoma, and the other day I found a movie that I have always wanted but could never remember the name of it. Growing up as a kid we had many movies recorded onto our VHS blank tapes, and on one such tape we had the Mickey mouse cartoon of Jack and the Beanstalk! I looooovvvveed it! And the other day I found it for $1 brand new in it's package! Apparently the name of the movie is "Fun and Fancy Free!" I was so excited! Okay it was a VHS, but that's all we have is a VHS player because our DVD player is broken. I know, we are so behind the times....we don't even have a flat screen tv! Anyway, when I brought it home I sat down and watched the entire movie sitting in front of the tv with Sam just like a little kid! It made me so happy, and I love the song from the beginning of movie that the lady harp sings "what a beautiful day!" I could wake up everyday to that song! It makes me smile and I hope it makes you smile too!
Now I just need to find "Lambert the Sheepish Lion!"

1 comment:

  1. You should've asked ME about Mickey and the Beanstalk! I could've told you where to find it and what name to look under---because I love it too. I watch a lot of those movies with Caden and love them as much as he does.
    Man, I can't believe you found a brand new KitchenAid for $20!! That is awesome. What a smart and sensible shopper you are.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!