Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Cabin

How nice it was to spend just over a week up at the cabin this year! In all honesty I am a bit surprised I was able to even go, we weren't sure if we would make it. Unfortunately not all of us did. Dave could only stay for the wedding and had to boogey back to Oregon for work (including doing all the managing apartments stuff as well, which beginning of the month meant RENT!) fun for him. Natalie's hubby was not able to go either, because being a Secret Service agent he was probably guarding someone VERY important. And then of course we were missing our missionary sister Allison who is in Panama! She now has less than a year left! We didn't expect Ben and Hilary to be able to make it, but since his company didn't go on strike, they were able to be there too.

Since I have about a million of pictures from last week, I think I have to split up my blog posts so I can fit more pictures in.

Some things I learned from last weeks adventures...I love to get crafty with my sisters, I never knew beading was so much fun, and how relaxing embroidery can be oddly enough. A buzz lightyear can be a VERY hot commodity around kids, I HATE the windy stairs now that I have children, Sam is much more clumsy than I thought (hmmmm), Logan is the definition of a Boy, and he can't take a bad picture!(wait and see :) Natalie needs to stretch her legs more (pulled a hamstring while running after a steer!) Ethan was so close to walking, but I'm sure by now he is, I HATE whining even more than I did before, you think your sister Angie loves you and then flubs your attempt at "shooting the moon", Caden is out to get me :), The Playmill keeps getting better and better, there is absolutely no doubt who the FAVORITE aunt is now, ANGIE! Thanks a lot now I have to work even harder. There really is no competition to her. They all wanted to drive in her car through Yellowstone and on the way she taught them all the song "Home on the Range" or as Sam likes to call it, "the deer song!"....ya know... "where the DEER and the antelope play!" She now walks around the apartment all day singing it.....
A few other things...I still hate mosquitos, and sunburns, love 4th of July homemade chocolate ice cream and fireworks (courtesy of Ben and Hilary and ice cream by Nat), don't like 5 hour car rides with a 3 month old, wish Mack's Inn still had penny candy, annual cabin movies include "Last of the Mohicans" "Galaxy Quest" and "1776"....but where was "The Three Amigos" and "The Court Jester???!" Movies to take off the cabin list and don't think I ever need to watch again include "Monsters vs. Aliens" "Hairspray" and "Finding Nemo"...too many times little children. Love the excitement of a nighttime float in the dark from Big Springs to the cabin, without a flashlight you never know what is stomping in the trees on the banks of the river! Noticing the look of nastalgia cross my Dad's face over and over again, both my parents enjoying ALL their grandchildren together, and Mom's little tea parties every morning for breakfasts, savoring the tasty breakfasts at the cabin made by my Dad...bacon, and eggs, and pancakes, all being made with bacon grease....mmmmm.... Trying to always appreciate the beauty of being up there, being grateful to my Grandparents for providing it, and enjoying the wildlife and my family...both pretty much the same thing! :)


Just a few pictures...more to come!




1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, what a great post! And I am so happy that I was able to participate in one of your years at the cabin. I had memories as I read your post. I'll never forget the play at the playmill, getting ice cream after, laughing at the lake, fighting and making up, haha. Oh I miss you so much my dear friend! Can't wait to catch up real good some day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!