Monday, March 22, 2010

Way to Go Dave!

The latest project we have been working on has been "The Play Kitchen". I have seen so many cute play kitchens online and wanted to make one for Sam because she loves to do the dishes and be in the kitchen whenever anyone is. So I had been looking online for a while on Craigslist trying to find an old side table/dresser but finally found a lady who was selling her old play kitchen that she never got around to re-doing herself. Dave was pretty excited about it too and when he realized how much sanding, painting and cutting would go into it, he pretty much took over the entire project because he didn't want me doing any of those things (only because of being pregnant).

So yesterday he finally finished it and it looks adorable and best of all Samantha loves it! She came out of her room this morning and goes "My kitchen my kitchen! Mommy I make breakfast!"

I think it makes Dave extra happy that she loves it so much. Here are some pictures from start to finish, the transition into the play kitchen!





3 comments:

  1. OH My GOSH!! That is amazing. I love it. It is SO cute and looks just as good if not better than the ones you get at the store! So cute. I need to kick Kent in gear and get him making us fun stuff like that! SO ....any baby yet???? How are you feeling? Keep us posted okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how handy is David??? That is incredible! You two...you are too creative and talented for words. It's sickening. I guess that's what makes you guys such a perfect couple.
    BTW, your baby counter says "It's Go Time!" Maybe you should tell her that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!