Sunday, March 14, 2010

The New Baby!

Yesterday Dave had the face of a little boy on Christmas morning because of his newest addition!
It comes in the form of an aluminum frame, carbon fiber fork, and a whopping 15 pounds!...maybe It is a Cannondale Team Saeco Racebike and seriously, Dave was as gitty as a schoolboy! He wanted to ride his bike to church today. He has been watching Craigslist trying to find a roadbike because he has been riding his mountainbike to work everyday up until now. He got a STEAL on his new red baby from a guy that lives on the coast and was in town for the weekend. He was worried about it being too lonely in the garage last night and thought maybe we should put it in our room. One of the good things about his new bike is that it will probably cut about 8 minutes or so off his commute because those bikes are fast!

Here is his pride and joy!



I'm happy he's happy just as long as he doesn't get our baby and the bike mixed up....Speaking of.
She has decided to take her sweet time which is unfair because Sam was two weeks early! I thought it would be the same this time too, but not so much.
But as of today I feel offically ready to go because I have no obligations to anyone now. It was my last Sunday in Primary for singing. "Come on kids let's get up and march and dance" (thinking this would put me into labor). I tried this tactic last week too because we are singing "Follow the Prophet" and when I got home from church last week, she had dropped! Totally thought "this is the week!" and here I am a week later....still pregnant.
But, I feel like I've gotten most things taken care of so I won't have to go running out to appointments with a newborn. I got my eyes checked and new contacts, and I FINALLY FINALLY got my new beautiful tooth! (or crown I should say). After 8, that's right I said an EIGHT month process from last July my tooth cracking from biting into bacon, and almost falling out of my head in the middle of vacation in the remote mountains of Mack's Inn, and having to wait till I got home to have surgery to extract the root from my head and get an implant (about a 4 hour surgery) and then 10 days later having another 3 hour process of pulling, extracting, numbing, pain, pain, pain! Then waiting for it to heal for about 6 months and in the meantime it cracking again (from eating bacon...I guess I should learn) but it staying enough in place, but making it hard to eat food. Then going back, more drilling, x-rays, molds (that almost made me puke). And then waiting 2 weeks for them to make the crown, and in that time the bridge cracked AGAIN! (not by bacon this time) once again making it difficult to eat ( and this is the front right tooth people!) Finally on Tuesday I got the crown shoved into place in my head and I finally feel like I can eat with confidence! It feels great and solid!
During this whole process I was pregnant and did not receive any medication except Tylenol. Not after my two separate surgeries....nothing!! Seriously.....worst.....pain.....ever!!!


Needless to say.....I don't love the dentist. Not my particular dentist he was very nice, just dentist's in general. Not a fan. And to put a cherry on top, most insurances (including mine) will not pay for implants and in some cases crowns (also in my case).....so we are not getting any of that work paid for by our insurance!...awesome.

Phew, did you follow me on all that? Basically I am now ready to have a baby! Hopefully this week! In the meantime I will continue to reorganize the closet for the 3rd time (because the baby cares about thst stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!