Monday, March 15, 2010

Stupid People

Ya know I think for at least most of this pregnancy, I have been able to avoid stupid people saying stupid things about me being pregnant. So far up until today I had gotten only a couple of comments. One, almost two months ago...."Katie, people will tell you that you're not big...but YOU ARE!" ahhhhh......thanks friend. Luckily I was able to laugh about it. (you have to know the person)
And then today..
I have one resident that really drives me crazy sometimes because he won't pay his rent on time and then he won't pay his late fees, and then he won't take his satellite dish down, etc. etc.
Well today he called because he needed a key to his deadbolt lock which I didn't have because he changed his locks a while ago and never gave a copy to the previous manager. "I need it within 48 hours..do you think you can do that?"
me: "well that should be fine. The only obstacle would be if I go into labor and am in the hospital."
stink face: "are you do soon?"
me: "yeah, like this next week."
SF: "and there's only ONE in there?" (emphasis on the one part)
me: "uh.....(pause to give him a dirty look)....yep just ONE!" (it's a good thing for him he wasn't within arms reach.)
what a doofus!
It's one thing when people I'm related to say things, but when it's someone I really don't care for?? grrrr.

I'm gonna go eat a brick of cheese....

1 comment:

  1. I was just talking about this with some of my friends! You have to expect stupid things from men, because they just don't get it; but it's especially stupid if a woman says something like that--particularly any woman who has ever been pregnant. If guys would learn to all be doting and thoughtful (like one of my sister's husbands...) there would be a lot more happy pregnant ladies out there--heck, women in general! "Think before speaking" is a very basic principle. That guy's probably a single doofus, right? Figures...

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!