Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm proud as a Peacock Baby!

It felt like I was keeping with family traditions!
Every year, my family would drive along Christmas street up in Sugarhouse and I was so excited to find out that they do it here in Portland too. And I must say, on a bit grander scale.
It's called Peacock Lane, and it's located in the Hawthorne District and it's this long street where every single house on both sides lavishly decorates their houses with beautiful Christmas lights, displays, ornaments, music, etc....
It was awesome! What a great Family night activity for us to go and do! And it was a nice night too. It rained all day, but cleared up for the evening and was great. I was so glad to see that Portland has fun things like that for families to participate in. Sam loooooved it. She kept saying "Santa Claus!" or "that's cool Dad, look!" Afterward we warmed up with a yummy Caramel Apple Spice Cider drink from Starbucks!
So great! Now I just need to find a Bible Street!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!