Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My new lot!

Well I officially need help. I know you all already knew that, but I have a lovely new calling in our newly reorganized ward that has been stressing me out for about a week now, and it will push me hopefully to a level of creativity (since I'm not really on any level right now) and a lot of improvising.
What is this calling you ask? Primary Music Chorister!
ah man, I was just getting used to being the piano player for the last 8 months and now I'm realizing it was the easiest calling in the ward compared to what I have to do now, and I haven't even had my first week yet.
Let me just set the scene here. Last week was of course the last time my friend was teaching as the chorister (and she has been in it for 4 years). She taught them a lovely song, played some games, and played her guitar for them at the end, afterwhich half the kids were bawling! ummm....great. How in the heck am I supposed to follow that?
So now I am asking for help. No screaming for it sounds better. I have found blogs, websites, etc etc.... about being the Primary Music leader, but I'm at information overload and I still can't think of anything super exciting for my first day, and I want to do something that is like a "getting to know you day" because half the kids don't know the other half, and they don't know me, and I don't know them, and they don't know the teachers. So if anyone has some brilliant ideas for me, it would be greatly appreciated. My hair is already starting to fall out...or maybe that is from the pregnancy hormones. And..speaking of, what am I gonna do when I have a newborn trying to teach kids music when Dave has his responsibilities as YM president and the baby is hungry or something?? "It's okay kids, lets play a game to see if we can sing louder than the suckling!" haha. I'm sure I could make a game out of that! :)

Mental image aside...please help

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!