Thursday, April 14, 2011

Great Minds Think Alike!

So I was talking to my sister the other day complaining about how I wish I had more Gospel resources to use to teach my kids with, especially for Family Home Evening. Buying church materials is expensive!! I remember growing up my mom had a felt board with felt stories she would use, and I really liked that. So I looked online to see about buying some felt stories, and if you buy them as a set they are $150!! So I had to scrap that idea, way too expensive, and started looking for tutorials and such, and I found this ladies website where she downloaded all this LDS clipart, colored the pictures using her computer program, put them together in a printable format, and put them on her blog to share with everyone! I got so excited and was telling my sister all about it, thinking I'm amazing for finding her website, and she was like "that's funny, I found the same site and am working on doing the same thing for our ward!" It was funny that we would both be working on the same project from something we found online without talking about it first....except she is doing it for her ward, and I am just doing it for myself!
I thought it was a great idea for Family Home Evenings to get Sammy interested in Scripture stories, and making it easy to understand. A short story with pictures..perfect! She put up stories from the Book of Mormon, Old and New Testament, and Church history stuff! I am almost done with my stories, I just have to find a cute way to make my felt board! The other great thing....Joann's has all their felt on sale this week too! It's my first project of the year! Finally!
You can find this ladies blog here
Here are just a couple of my stories that I've already finished! The Stripling Warriors, and Daniel and King Nebuchadnezzar

1 comment:

  1. HOW DO YOU FIND THESE BLOGS????? You are amazing! Such a cute idea! I can't wait to make one for my family!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!