Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Confession

People who know me, know that I love the Musicals. I have also occasionally watched and episode of Grey's Anatomy here and there (mostly the older episodes). But I heard they were doing a musical episode and figured I would watch, not expecting much because seriously, a drama medical tv show singing over dead bodies? The only medical show to ever pull off a great musical episode was let me hear it...The "Scrubs" musical episode. Funny...."Everything comes down to poo! From the top of your head, to the sole of your shoe...our number one test is your number 2!"....even my Dad enjoyed that one.
The Grey's Anatomy musical extravaganza was a bit weird to watch as I expected. The main reason I wanted to see it was that Sara Ramirez who plays one of the doctors on the show played the lady of the Lake in the original broadway play "Spamalot" and she has an amazing voice, so I wanted to hear her. The very last song of the show she sang was amazing. It was worth sitting through the whole show to listen to her sing that song. So good! Listen...

1 comment:

  1. I've just started getting into "Grey's" and I actually really liked the musical episode. I thought it was clever that they tied it into brain injury and how "mysterious" our minds are. I also liked how well executed the songs were--especially the significance of who was singing at any given time and how it related to that person's relationship with Callie. Can you tell I've thought about this a lot? And yes, Sara Ramirez ROCKED "The Story"--best "Grey's" song ever!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!