Thursday, January 20, 2011

Funny Article

There is a funny article online at salon.com about Mormon Mommy Blogs.
http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2011/01/15/feminist_obsessed_with_mormon_blogs

I have to say I am one of those that can sit around for hours reading these perfect blogs and thinking "I need to be like that!" I need to be able make a cute girls dress out of a mans shirt, and fashion new clothes out of cute fabrics, make anthropologie necklaces, and quilt blankets...all the time...believe I have tried, and keep trying to do and make all these things, but it does feel overwhelming. I wish it came naturally to me as it does these ladies. The reason why I read these blogs is to copy THEIR ideas! I don't think I've ever crafted one thing that isn't a knock off of someone else's! Which I am totally fine with, at least I made something, and that feels rewarding to me.
I can relate to what the lady says in the article about feeling 'pressure' to be perfect. I love Utah and it's where I grew up, but I have to say I felt A LOT more pressure to be perfect when I was living there, especially after getting married. That is one of the big things I love about living in Oregon. I don't feel the pressure like I did before, that I had to be perfect and take perfect care of my kids and husband. But I do still try hard here to do better each day, and will continue to try and be crafty and try to love cooking more, and I would LOVE to go back to Utah, but for now I can dream of one day where I might have a perfect day where I cook all three meals, take perfect pictures of my kids, keep my house in pristine condition, take meals to 3 families, and design and make children's clothes....just for one day I will be perfect!...no probably not, but I'm okay with that! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sofia is right... you are amazing! I totally put you in the "perfect example" in my comparison list. Seriously did you just have to be all skinny and cute when we had babies so close together?! It was really hard not to hate you...but you are too stinking nice!!

    Oh and I had several people tell me about "katie's blog" recently so I had to come check it out myself :) Always glad to find a new blog buddy to escape to when I'm ignoring my child :) Hope you don't mind another reader.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!