Monday, October 25, 2010

Another pumpkin patch..this time without too much incident

The last couple of weeks have been fun for Sam at Preschool. A couple of weeks ago they went to a fire station, which I could not accompany her on that trip, but she came home raving about the 'big fireman' wearing her red hat.

Then last Thursday we went to the Baggensto's Pumpkin Patch in Sherwood. We road on a big wagon pulled by one of those big Jon Deere trucks. it took us to a big pumpkin patch with TONS of pumpkins. It proved a little tricky for Sam to walk around and not trip on a pumpkin every few steps. They also showed us they grow potatoes and even gave us some to take home! Sam, Taylor and I had tons of fun, and were happy not to be rained on!




I am especially happy today, because our Primary Program is over!! I was in charge of writing and organizing it this year, and I let it stress me out just a little bit. Luckily I had a Chorister who kept me sane and is so good about not stressing about things! (wish I was like that!) Our program went over really well yesterday and I am so proud of all those little kids who worked so hard. They got to see me stand in the overflow in the gym with these big elephant ears to get them to sing louder for our very last song. I know I looked a bit silly, but they sang really well. Needless to say, I took a nice nap yesterday after church. And today is the first day I haven't had a headache in a while. So nice. I think it will be a lazy week.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Sam is already in preschool. It seems like not that long ago YOU and I were in joy school. Fighting over toys, playing in paste, and starting a life-long friendship. Remember how we use to always fight over the game Pick-up Sticks? "MY TURN! That stick moved! I know it did! You're cheating" Hahaha. Good times and good memories!

    P.S. That first comment was from me but I accidentally wrote it from another account. I didn't want you to think some crazy stalker was writing to you about cherished preschool memories.:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!