Thursday, September 17, 2009

A First Look


Well here they are. Our first Ultrasound pics. I forgot how much you can see even when you are not that far along. Little fingers, and feet, it's pretty amazing. Sorry they aren't bigger, I'm not a very good scanner, cropper, etc.

We went last night at 6:30 to our appt. and decided to take Samantha with us because we figured it wouldn't take that long, and she enjoyed it quite a bit watching "the baby" on the tv. I ask her all the time "where's the baby?" and she points to her belly. We are working on that one. :) She thinks it is pretty fun though. She walks around a lot with her hands up in the air saying "baby?" like "I hear all this talk about a baby and yet I don't see one!"

Hopefully now after my ultrasound they will finally give me a due date. I better be at least about 13 weeks by now, because I really don't want to feel sick anymore. I was standing behind a guy in the checkout line at the store yesterday and he smelled really bad like old pickles, and I started dry heaving right there and almost threw up on him. It might have been an improvement for him actually, he smelled soooo bad. I know I sound mean and some people can't help themselves, but it's not fair to pregnant women who have a heightened sense of smell (almost like dogs I think) to have to put up with that! :)

I finally feel like this is real now. I've been to the doctor and finally got an ultrasound so I wasn't faking it. Now I'm looking forward to finally having some energy!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for baby #2!!! I am so excited for you! Can' wait to see you in a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old pickles. Aren't pickles already old since they are canned?! You are funny! p.s. Costco has really good tortilla chips and a big square jug of pico de gallo that is amazing, I forget the brand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! It's like you're from The Witches. "I smell...dogs' droppings!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That is so exciting. I hope you feel better too!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!