Saturday, August 8, 2009

My mouth hurts!

The last couple of Saturday's have been quite nice. Since we finally got both of our bikes and Sam's bike trailer in working order (now that it's toward the end of summer) we have been taking bike rides around town. If we didn't have apartment stuff to do, we might have ventured to downtown Portland and enjoyed the "bite of Portland" that's going on down by the Waterfront, but I wasn't so sure I would make the journey back (mostly uphill about 7 miles). I felt a bit more wussy today. But maybe we will try next week.
Last week was a bit depressing because I was huffing and puffing up the smallest hill. Of course I was also dragging about 50 extra pounds behind me with Sammy in the trailer. I was a bit discouraged. But then today, Dave hooked her up behind his bike and the hills didn't seem nearly as bad today. I thought "okay maybe I don't totally stink at this!" It was fun being outside, enjoying the nice low 80's weather, and getting exercise too.

The other adventure of the week was my second trip to the dentist for round 2 of fixing one of my side front teeth. My first trip a week and a half ago took about 3 1/2 hours, and the one on Wednesday took 4!! I love my Dentist and think he did a great job, but the whole experience was horrible. I have never been in so much mouth pain as I was on Wednesday night. That's all I'll say and now I think I have developed a complex about the Dentist now. Not...fun

This week was an awesome grocery shopping week though, so that was a good distraction. Albertson's had awesome deals. One was where you spend $30 on certain items and get $15 back in Catalina coupons, and most of the items I already had a ton of coupons for! So I have been to Albertson's at least 3 times this week and might go one more time tonight. They also have a Kellogg promotion where you buy 10 items that are on sale and you get a $10 rebate.



So yesterday I bought all this stuff from Albertsons. Out of pocket I spent $22.00, but got $15 in coupons back for my next purchase, and I qualify for the $10 rebate from Kelloggs! So it was like making $3!! My total savings on my receipt = $84.10!It was awesome. And that was only one shopping trip I made this week. Let's just say our pantry and fridge is completely stocked and we are having to put a bunch of stuff in the garage. Food Storage!! We finally have something! So if something horrible (heaven forbid) happens, it's nice to know we can survive on fruit snacks and dried cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!