Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Fun Weekend

Since poor Dave has not had a vacation all summer, we figured we would go camping on the coast overnight. It was one of those spur of the moment plans where you don't expect it to turn out perfectly but you want to go so bad you don't really care if it falls apart. Well we were really lucky because everything seemed to fall into place making it a great weekend!
I was frustrated earlier in the week because I called so many places to get a reservation and no one had anything! So we figured we would just go, and see if we got lucky. Well we did and not only did we find a place, but we got a cabin which made it even better. The funny thing was the cost of just a tent site was $30, but for a cabin, it was $50. Yeah that was a no brainer, "we'll take the cabin!"
After we got settled in we went to the coast and ate at Mo's for dinner because it just sounded too good. The weather was absolutely perfect, and after dinner we roasted hot dogs and made smores on the beach, which we've not done yet but was super fun! I think next time we go, we need to take crab nets and cook crab on the beach too.
We enjoyed the sunset, and the low 70's weather (even after the sun went down) it really felt like we were on the California coast and not the Oregon coast. We walked up and down the beach and enjoyed watching the seals struggling to get up on the sand. We stayed until about 9:30 which is the latest we have ever stayed on the beach before.

The next day we decided to hang out at the beach again for a while because the weather was once again wonderful. So we went to the D River beach in Lincoln City where they do all the kite festivals and just relaxed for a couple hours like everyone else was doing. Samantha enjoyed playing in the water and getting soaked, and then getting Dave wet.

Ahhhh....relaxation at the beach. So enjoyable






2 comments:

  1. I'm only a little late on this, but your camping trip looks like tons o' fun--and yeeha to your Neil Diamond post!!! Now that I have my computer back, I will attempt to get my foot back in the door of the blogging world! Love you! Glad you guys are having fun and I hope you are feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds SO fun. I have been trying to get Kent to do that for WEEKS!!! So where did you go? You'll have to e-mail me the location information so we can go sometime. It sounds too great to pass up! How are you? We miss you guys. I hope all is well. Did you get Juliana's Birthday invitation?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!