Friday, November 4, 2011

Is anybody there??

Hello fellow bloggers! So I took a little break over the summer and it extended a bit into the Fall. What a fun summer it was! So much to post but I think I'll just start with Halloween.
I was a little too ambitious for my sewing skill level in my attempt to make homemade Halloween costumes. Sammy wanted to be Ariel and we already had a costume, so that became the theme for our family. So I had her costume taken care of, I bought a lobster costume online for Taylor so she could be Sebastian, and then I thought I could make mine and Dave's costumes. I was going to be Ursula the seawitch and Dave was King Triton!

It ended up turning out okay! I was happy and I think if there was an award for best dressed family, I think we would have won! It was fun dressing up together. I don't know if I'll do it again next year, or ever again. It was hard because again, my craftiness only extends so far until it's very hard and stressful to try and make something from reading instructions from another blog. At least it turned out okay, because if it hadn't, and I'd spent all that time in making them, I would have been mad!! I have had plenty of unsuccessful attempts of making other projects, and I didn't want this one to go the same way.
The same week of Halloween I was in charge of Joyschool and had to put on a Halloween party with all the kids. It was really fun and we had a costume parade with all the kids. Sammy loves being in Joyschool with all her friends!
Hope you all had a great Halloween this year!




3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Love the family costumes. Good work!! So impressed with your skills. Why didn't I ever take notes from my grandma, Master Seamstress? I'm an idiot. But I know that now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are stinking adorable! I've never been ambitious enough for themed costumes. Or making my own for that matter, my hat is off to you and your craftiness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family should have the best costume award! LOVE it!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Dave and I have been married four years and live in Portland, Oregon where Dave works downtown for Bank of the West. We have a little girl Samantha who is a fun-loving 1 year old!